Replacing a bathroom light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a new bathroom ceiling light and I am trying to work out if it is notifiable. The current light is a standard ceiling rose with a wire hanging down job. The new one will involve taking off the existing light and probably removing the ceiling rose and replacing with the cable block provided (although the assembly might allow the use of the rose). Is this classed as like-for-like.

Also the instructions say to push the cable block into the ceiling I thought you had to use a chock-box thing to do that? Although if the case fits over the rose then it's irrelevant anyway.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Just crack on. Don't push connectors up into the ceiling though - use a downlight type junction box. Also make sure there are earths present if your new light is of Class 1 construction.

N.B To ensure proper continuity of earths an appropriate tester must be used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back