Replacing a conservatory roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My conservatory roof is about 13 years old and past its best, as you can see with all the mold and water inside it.

If at all possible I would like to replace it with either a Victorian or Georgian style roof (bath waste pipes may be in the way, as seen in the photograph) or at the very least a like for like 'lean to' replacement.

The only problem is I've rang a few conservatory companies and none of them want the business, they will however happily sell me an entire new conservatory (which I don't want).

Am I being naive? Is simply replacing a roof not done the thing?

Some pictures attached anyway. Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Yes if it wasn't for the soil stack you could put whatever you want on there. If you opted for a much heavier glass roof you'd have to make sure the existing conny is reinforced first but poly wise you can have what you want.
You would have to go to a sole trader window fitter or builder who fits connys and they could do it for you.

Hi,
thanks for the feedback.

The soil stack actually goes through the conservatory in a box section; it was the baste waste that I was referring to (goes horizontally above the roof).

Standard poly roof is fine, just had nobody interested in the job.

I'll keep ringing round.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I know so many great fitters. Such a shame you not local or I could have recommended someone for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back