replacing a door seal on a hot point wml 540 washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there i need to replace the seal on my washing machine and am having trouble getting the old seal out. i have got the front bit lose but cant seem to get the back out. on the top right of the inner seal there is a small metal bar with two v shaped clips at either end and i cant release this. does anyone have any ideas or tips that will help?

Sponsored Links
small screwdriver and unhook it front panel also comes off. it's a zipper band to refit use needle nose pliars it close together

thanks got it sorted now, just doing a empty to wash to see if it floods every where.. hehe

it was still leaking so took it apart again to make sure nothing was wrong, only to find the door lock fell lose and now the door will not lock once its all back together

Sponsored Links
Is there a connecting rod on the back of the lock to pull down.

there is but ive managed to get it back together and the door closes with out that rod. Although its still leaking out the bottom front left(as you look at the machine) by the leg and the back left leg(as you look at the machine) think im gonna have to call out someone as its bafferling me

check the dispenser hose has not come off. make sure that the dispenser is fitted back properly.

cool thanks, sorry to sound dumb but where abouts is the dispenser hose? im really new to all this diy syuff hehe

Take the lid off and you will see it on the left it's a big black tube that runs from the dispenser to the drum.

oh yeah, cheers for that mate, will have a look and find out. if thats not it any other ideas what it could be?

had a look at the pipe and a little fiddle, so far on a quick cycle no leaks if anything does pop up ill let you know.

Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back