Replacing a honeywell st9400c controller with a hive setup..

So just to clarify. Once the interface board is changed as per the part number I have quoted, things should function as normal without having to replace anything else?

Sponsored Links
All depends on how far the surge went, you will need to check with a multimeter resistance and continuity on your harness to make sure nothing else got fried. Most important thing is not to link L to 1 in your hive. To test it, disconnect your black and grey from the low volt connector and fit a link so you take the external control out of the equation, then see if the heating fires up, then wire the hive like I said, 240v to L and N, black and grey to 1 and 3, grey and black to low volt connector, DO NOT LINK L TO 1 ON THE HIVE!!

Ok that's all understood. Will check it all and hope to God it didn't go past the interface module.

Good luck, check your fuse on the PCB too, or is hot water working? If it is fuse will be ok

Sponsored Links
The fuse is in tact. The hot water was working yesterday but today it decided not to work at all. Hoping replacing the interface module will fix that.

Just a quick update. Replaced interface card. However this hasn't solved any issue. When switched on the boiler fires up 3 times. Each time you hear the flame start but then it goes off. The green light does not illuminate at all in this process. After the 3rd time it comes up with an F1. Plus bridging the link of the switch wires still does not turn heating on.

British gas called.

Who knew installing a hive would cause this world of pain! Should have just stayed with the old wires system!

I'm making an assumption now that the main pcb has died a death.

F1 is ignition lockout, sounds like a rectification fault if it won’t stay lit, I bet the PCB has gone kaput unfortunately. CXI’s are awkward if you haven’t wired one up, instructions are clear as mud! I’m sure our boys can sort it, worth a years premiums to get it sorted, a board can cost £300 plus

I have conceded to the fact I think the PCB has died hence taking out the fixed repair and annual cover. Hopefully it will all be happy and running with my hive system tomorrow. Part of me thinks there may have been a pre existing issue considering when wired up to the diagram provided the hive didn't work in the first place.

Hopefully they have a pcb on board! No pun intended

Thankyou for the help anyway. Now I have to think of what I'm going to do regarding flue inspection hatches as I don't have any and I don't know where the joints are!

You can buy them from builders merchants, should be every metre from your elbow on the boiler

I’ve checked the faults you described in earlier posts, definitely PCB has gone, showing 3 different faults at same time, must of blown the capacitors.

PCB changed and all happy and working. And in the end I had wired the hive up correctly as this is also working aswell. Thank you all for your help.

Fantastic, happy the wiring advice came in handy, the guidance is poor on the wiring, volt free should have a clearer label. Have you got the instructions? Got them on my phone as a PDF if ever you need it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back