Replacing a Potterton Puma 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

After 14 years of faithful service am thinking about replacing my Potterton Puma 80. Its still works, but is so noisy its unbelievable and also seems to have something going wrong every other week - have replaced heat exchanger, pump, fan (twice) repressurised CH expansion vessel god knows how many times and the latest earlier this week was a dripping CH temperature sensor. Pressure relief valve has also developed a drip so I reckon thats next on the list.... oh pcb aswell (forgot that one!!)

Anyway - am looking for a reliable replacement of a similar size (due to physical location of boiler) which needs to be powerful enough to heat 4 rads and provide DHW to a 2 up, 2 down small modern mid terrace house.

What do you guys recommend?
Also what can I expect to need doing to comply with latest building regs?

Cheers

Mike

Sponsored Links
Look at the Vaillant Ecotec Plus 824 or 831, depending on your HW usage.

If these are still too big, one of the smallest combi's available is the Broag. Have a look at the 28C.

Not a patch on the Vaillant quality, but still a good budget boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back