Replacing a room thermostat with Wireless?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all - im new - and trying to sort out my power/fuel bill which is crippling my extremely tight budget :cry:

I have a Worchester Bosch Combi Boiler & Megaflow in the loft. The Combi appears to do the heating and heat the water in the Megaflow - is that correct?

Anyway there is a control unit in the kitchen which times when the heating is on/off and when the hot water is on/off.

There is a seperate thermostat in the dining room which controls the heating aswell. The problem with this thermostat is that at night upstairs gets very cold but down stairs and the dinining room in particular stays relativly warm so no heating comes on unless I crank up that thermostat - then the heating barely goes off all night!

I figered replacing the Dining room thermostat with a wireless that can be moved upstairs at night would be the solution (i could be wrong) - my mates a sparky - can I just buy a wireless thermostate and replace the current one in the dining room with it? Or is it more complicated than that? I was also planning one that can programmable temps in it.

I have Dormer windows upstairs which have no insulation in the flat roof sections hence the upstairs bedrooms getting so cold - im going to try various ways to getting insulation in there but its hard to see how im going to do it. Im due my second child this christmas and at the rate prices are going up I could be dressed as Santa in the local shopping centre trying to get some extra cash :eek:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back