Replacing a toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help.

I am intending to replace the toilet in my downstairs WC and im not sure how to go about it.

The toilet that is installed is a vertical outlet type that goed into the floor. I was thinking about fitting a horizontal outlet toilet with a close coupled cistern. Can I connect the outlet to the existing main stack, which is behind the wall and to the left? (The upstairs toilet is connected to this).

If this is possible how I do it?! And what would i do with the hole that is left in the floor?

Or are there any other options open to me?

Thanks in advace for any advice

Sponsored Links
The floor is wooden and the stack is plastic.

Was assuming I could cut a section out of the stack and fit something that the toilet outlet could connect to?

Hi Gerry,

don't know much about plumbing but why can't you just fit a 90 deg converter to the horizonatl output and connect it into the same stack as the old toilet?

Think they're only a few (5?) quid.

Hope this helps

F

Sponsored Links
as said use a 90 pan connector and go straight into the floor.
the only thing when changing to a close couple toilet from an old low level toilet the waste in the floor maybe be to far foreward from the wall.

24140442.jpg

14398217.jpg

you need a slip coupler no pipe stop

sounds a doddle ;)

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

You are quite right, if I were to put in a close coupled toilet it would probably sit right over the top of the current outlet point.

The part in the image above looks about the best option, i assume i just cut a section out the stack to fit this part and the connect the new toilet outlet to it via a flexible or solid pipe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back