Replacing A Two Way Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was recently helped on here with identifying a fault with my central heating system. (Thanks Gas4you!)

I thought I'd been able to fix the two way valve by moving the switch manually a few times. However it stopped working again last night.

I've decided the best option would be to replace the faulty part. I've managed to find the part required online here:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/94189...Horstmann-F322-2-Port-Motorised-Valve#reviews

Is this the sort of thing I would be able to replace myself (compitent at diy but not a plumber) or would I be better off calling a pluber out to do the job?

Sponsored Links
Easy enough to change but dont use that valve use a honeywell otherwise you will be changing it again soon.

Sponsored Links
Cheers, will take a look at the Honeywell ones.

I think it may just be the power head that's at fault as both the central heating and hot water are receiving water through the valve. However the switch doesn't appear to do anything when turning it on and off via the controls on the boiler. At the moment when I want to use the central heating I have to manually wedge the switch on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back