1. We are pleased to announce the 'Home Automation' forum. Click here to get involved!

Replacing Accenta 8ep219 alarm keypad

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by Evo1962, 16 Oct 2008.

1. Evo1962

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have recently had to replace my accenta 8ep219 alarm keypad which i broke whilst decorating. On checking I found that the model had been discontinued and replaced by the accenta 8ep416. Thinking it would be straight forward, I ordered the replacement and wired it up making a careful note of where the 6 wires went.
    Guess what? completely dead nothing at all. can anyone help

2. Denford

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You may have blown the separate fuse that supplies the remote keypad.This is in the main panel and is usually 1 amp 20mm type.

3. Evo1962

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have replaced Fuse for the keypad, still nothing, anymore suggestions woud be appreciated before i get someone in and it starts costing

4. dirkdangler

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    see when you changed the keypad did you try and press a button? ive changed a few off these keypads before with the system still working, and when its changed it looks totally dead. then i press a button and it comes to life. failing that its either wired wrong or fuse blown. you could also check the wiring in the main panel to see if you have the correct colours at the keypad end.

5. Evo1962

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    yes I have tried pressing the buttons, nothing. The keypad was a direct replacement for the one I had damaged and was wired the same way so I am confident that is ok. I have replaced the fuse in the main box for the keypad.

6. dirkdangler

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    have you tried wiring your old keypad back on to see if that works? cause if it does new pad must be faulty

7. Evo1962

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The alarm was working perfectly well until I decided to decorate, during this I damaged the keypad, thus I am unable to refit it. Thanks for your efforts.

8. dirkdangler

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    its gotta be faulty then. i know the system and it is a replacement so it should work when fitted.

9. breezer

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    bet it isnt.

its not that often you get a bot of brand new kit and its F

often people say , this is faulty, that is faulty, you go and look and they have wired it wrong, or overlooked something.

i would check for a voltage at the keypad