Replacing bathroom radiator but not tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am going to be replacing my existing standard horizontal radiator with a new vertical column radiator.

When they pull out the existing one, it will leave dents in the tiles where they were hooked onto them. And the new radiator won't just slot into them as its a different size.

I don't want to replace the tiles in the bathroom or even attempt to replace just the ones that will have dents in them.

Any idea of how i can get around this?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I don't understand your post. What "dents" are you talking about? normal ceramic or porcelain wall tiles don't dent.

Also, radiators are hung from metal brackets that are screwed through the tiles and into the wall, or the brackets are fixed to the wall and tiled around / over. There will be screw or bracket holes, but not "dents" If you don't have any matching replacement tiles, then you could replace the tiles on just the one wall or use an alternative wall covering such as timber, or plasterboard and paint, and make a feature out of the contrast, or put something else over the holes, such as artwork, towel hooks, etc.,

Or remove the rawlplugs, fill the holes, then paint over them with a matching colour?

Or buy some dolphin stickers?

I think they mean the radiator was hung First rand then the brackets were tiled around. So if you remove the brackets there will be two patches where there is no tiles.

Without replacing the tiles the only way I can think to sort it out is to either

patch in a bit of tile and grout - this means you don't have to try and remove any tiles

Just fill the holes in with grout, not the nicest idea but there isn't many options really.

Sponsored Links
I think they mean the radiator was hung First rand then the brackets were tiled around. So if you remove the brackets there will be two patches where there is no tiles.

Without replacing the tiles the only way I can think to sort it out is to either

patch in a bit of tile and grout - this means you don't have to try and remove any tiles

Just fill the holes in with grout, not the nicest idea but there isn't many options really.

Ah yes, you might be right there. Bit of a strange question then because unless they replace the tiles it will always look sh+t. They don't seem too bothered about it anymore anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back