Replacing cooker hood fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My cooker hood fan has packed up. The original was designed to filter the
fumes etc. but as there was already a wall fan over the cooker the vent was used to send the fumes outside. This fan is now gooed up (no filter) and I'm thinking of replacing it in the hood with an ordinary wall fan, this would be mounted horizontally in the hood. Are there any probs with this, I just want a simple fan with one speed. Any advice on which one to use would be helpful.
many thanks

Sponsored Links
Well, that's what I'm doing really, I've taken the galvanised box holding the fan and a cooker light out of the fitted kitchen wooden hood. Now it's on my bench I can fit a new fan with no problems, all I really need to know is what type of fan to fit in replacement. When I'm done you shouldn't be able to see the join !

OK so have a scan through the various shed catalogues...Screwfix etc. You should find what you need, but most of these will be bathroom types or ones fitted into flexible ducts. Espares are usually a good source of genuine replacements. J :)

Sponsored Links
Have just fitted a 100mm extr fan from dryitout.com. good price and next day delivery (wiil use again). Not tried out yet, and it may not be powerful enough but easy to change up to 150 if not. At £13 I can afford to change !

Have just fitted a 100mm extr fan from dryitout.com. good price and next day delivery (wiil use again). Not tried out yet, and it may not be powerful enough but easy to change up to 150 if not. At £13 I can afford to change !
hi!
youtiee
thank u for your suggestion.is it really next day delivery system? if it is possible then it provide a good service and i am also thinking to try it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back