replacing cooker/wiring it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:D
Hi ,as.you can guess ,I am a newby.
But a newby needing help, please .
I am replacing my electric cooker with a new one,nothing fancy,but the wiring on the new cooker is different colours to this one.I am really looking for a bit of reassurance to wire it up.
Old wires went( from wall side to cooker) -Red to red;black to black and white to green.
So i take it that red is live ,black is neutral and the white cable to connect to my new cooker will be the neutral.
Can some kind person just confirm this for me?

Sponsored Links
Red is probably phase, black is probably neutral, green is earth.

I don't know what White is.

Is the white in your outlet or on your cooker?

What are the terminal markings on your new cooker?

Is either of the cookers imported privately?

Hi there,white wire comes from outlet , terminal markings on new cooker are L & N, and then one marked with Earth Symbol.I can only conclude the white must go to the earth .

Its not a case of the old alarm installer trick of a bit of the outer sheath from alarm cable instead of earth sleeving is it?

Sponsored Links
:)
Thanks for info etc.I have now stupidly realised in the broad light of day( light) that it is a bare earth cable with a bit of tape round!
I am going to read ,watch and learn ,for a bit.And get a man in- to see to the cooker.

You should purchase some earth sleeving to cover that wire, its the proper way to do it ;)

CAGS4SLASH10.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back