Replacing Door Sill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

I am replacing a sill under double doors on the first floor of a house. Questions are how to fix the new sill down and making good around the sides.

Re the first , the base of the sill is a steel plate which had no silicon on it and the outer two inches are cement which had a plastic sheet attached. The old sill was secured by horizontal nails at each end as the frame slotted into a cutout in the sill. I had to cut off the tenons on the bottom of the frame.

So I am asking about the membrane and whether silicon will secure the new sill to the steel plate.

Second, the frame top to bottom has a line of cement painted white I suppose from the brickwork onto the frame - it hadn't cracked prior to me removing the old sill. What about that? Any special mix of cement and which paint?

Cheers - I have photos in an album called doors!

Sponsored Links
You can add pic to post my simply clicking on it just below posting box ''show my images'' click on a pic to add.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back