Replacing DPC problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I need a little advice about how walls are constucted.
I am currently in the process of replacing my DPC. I am doing this the old fashioned way by removing the bottom course of bricks and replacing the physical DPC. Work was going well until today. I am removing 3 bricks at a time and then leaving 1 in place. This is being done around the whole room and then I can replace the DPC and start to put the bricks back in before removing the ones that were left in and overlapping the DPC. I have just removed the first brick in the wall that is between me and next door. What I thought was a course of half bricks is actually a course of bricks laid across the cavity. When I got one out I could see into next door!!! Is it normal for a dividing wall to be constructed this way? Looks like I may have to inject this wall but I don't think that I am now going to get a successful result at the end of the job.

Sponsored Links
You might get away with not having to do the party wall. Being that it is sheltered from rain splashing about and soaking under at the base like the exterior facing walls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back