Replacing Eco Hometec / Micromat ec 31/36 hs / Strata 2 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Eco Hometec EC 31/36 boiler which is 18 years old. The supplier folded a number of years ago and it is increasingly getting harder to find parts and expensive to repair. I think it was also badged Micromat and later Strata 2 but is no longer made. It is working at the moment but appears to be leaking from the condensate syphon at the back (which is difficult to get to without taking the whole boiler to pieces). I think it is probably time to replace it with something still being manufactured that is as close to a direct replacement as possible. The boiler is three floors up with a vertical flue and unless the new boiler takes the same flue it would mean outside scaffolding three floors up. Has anyone else gone through this and is there an easy direct replacement?

Sponsored Links
The boiler is three floors up with a vertical flue and unless the new boiler takes the same flue it would mean outside scaffolding three floors up

You have to change the flue with the boiler.

But a good installer can often change a vertical flue without getting on the roof.

If you do replace it please may I have the old boiler. A friend has an Eco Hometec. and is also increasingly finding spares hard to find and expensive. Where is your boiler (nearest town?)

Sponsored Links
Nearest big town is Blackburn, but I am trying to plan to replace the boiler in the summer (too cold to do without heating at the moment)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back