replacing existing lawn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

I'd like to start over with the lawn i have inherited in the house i moved into last year as it looks crap. It's only small, about 3m by 5m and i was thinking of digging over the existing turf, pulling out weeeds, levelling it all off with some extra new top soil then putting some new seed in and taking it from there.

does anyone have, a) better/easier ways of doing it? b) know of a decent how to guide?

the lawn doesn't get any traffic so i'd like to put some decent quality grass in there so it looks nice and neat, any recommendations on that front too??

many thanks,

Sponsored Links
use turf. quicker and you will get a much better and controlled result then you ever will with diy seeding

you mention "digging over the turf". Do it right and strip it off and get shot of it in a skip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back