Replacing Guttering (1st of many tasks)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the guttering around my/ my parents house. My dad did part of it a few years ago but has moved out, so I am trying to learn myself.

I was hoping it would be a straight swap old for new but the new stuff I was planning to get (Round guttering from Wickes), does not fit into the current guttering brackets.
The old stuff is rustry cast iron and part PVC.

What is beyond me at the minute, with no one to guide me is the rafters. They are worn away, where the facia boards attach, so I will need to get the experts in. I feel happy to nail the new facia boards, its just the rafters that I need help with.

Is it best to Glue (with what I dont know) the guttering together or will it hold by its self?

How do you fill holes in the brickwork, where the old cast iron downpipes were screwed to.

My plan is to go to night school /college to try and learn some basic DIY such as brick laying/ replacing worn mortar, Plumbing and just general stuff.

At the minute I have done small jobs lik replacing an outdoor tap, lagging external pipework.

I hope to get there one day :D

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you Can do all these by your own but it's good to be get your self trained
;)

The pvc guttering comes with joints which have rubber seals and just clip together.

Cast gutter brackets are not suitable for pvc.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back