replacing honeywell motor in motorised valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the honeywell motorised valve (model no: V4043H1056) is only working in manual mode so i figure the motor needs replacing. I've not done this before but think its quite straight forward??

couple of questions -

1) what motor am I looking for? whats the model number etc so i make sure and get the right one!

2) where can i buy the replacement motor from on the high street today and what's a reasonable price for it?

3) am i right in thinking this motorised valve will let me replace the motor without having to get wet or drain the system?

thanks all!

Sponsored Links
or should i be replacing the whole motorised valve and not just the motor? can i do that without removing any pipe work and having to drain the system etc?

I had an issue recently of a valve not working. Turns out it was the motor so I replaced it with a motr from Screwfix..
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/28670/Plumbing/Central-Heating-Controls/Synchronous-Motor
I have Myson valves but it still worked a treat, a bit cheaper than a new valve and I didn't have to touch the plumbing..
ATB..

so the motors are a pretty universal fit then?

thats what i was going to try first as its the thing i should be able to do myself before having to call in the experts.. if it doesnt work and i need a whole new valve (or something else) then ive only lost £15...

I'd really like to pick one of these up today.. can they be had in B&Q or maybe a local plumbing merchants if i can find one, not many left in london anymore!

Sponsored Links
the honeywell motorised valve (model no: V4043H1056) is only working in manual mode so i figure the motor needs replacing.
Or it could be something else.

Do you have a multimeter (and know how to use it ;) )?

If so check the voltage across the brown and blue valve wires with the heating/hot water on and the relevant thermostat turned up. It should be 240Vac. If it is, the valve/motor is faulty. If not 240V, the thermostat or programmer is faulty, or possibly a wiring fault.

Go back up the line - stat output, stat input, programmer output - until you get 240Vac. You will then know where the fault lies.

the honeywell motorised valve (model no: V4043H1056) is only working in manual mode so i figure the motor needs replacing.
Or it could be something else.

Do you have a multimeter (and know how to use it ;) )?

If so check the voltage across the brown and blue valve wires with the heating/hot water on and the relevant thermostat turned up. It should be 240Vac. If it is, the valve/motor is faulty. If not 240V, the thermostat or programmer is faulty, or possibly a wiring fault.

Go back up the line - stat output, stat input, programmer output - until you get 240Vac. You will then know where the fault lies.

i dont have a multimeter OR know how to use it! but thanks!

Fortunately I do have a multimeter but didn't need it because my valves have an led that indicates when open. So I operated the valve manually and the led lit up and everything started up as normal. So I knew the motor was receiving power..
Good luck..

changed the motor but it didnt make any difference...

so strange.. heat was dead yesterday AM so i checked everything i knew how; bled radiators, turned everything off and on again, played the thermostat temp, checked the pump (which was only replaced itself 3 months ago) and it had no air in it and seemed to be running fine, the pilot light was on and boiler seemed okay.. then checked the motorised valve, it was running and the lever moved between auto and manual easily.. i put it into manaul and that didnt make any difference either... then i went out for the day...

when i got back, the heating was working again! i guessed it was me putting the valve into manual but it wasnt working again this morning and the same process didnt get me anywhere... then changed the valve motor and still nothing... anyone got any other ideas before i call in the experts?

Take the synchron back (if the merchants will accept it) and do as Seco says. You might get somewhere if you have a bit of testing equipment.

Mr. W.

thanks for the tips guys. no chance taking the motor back (i had to take off the clips at the end of the leads and join wire to wire with those plastic cover things that are included)..

im not good enough with this stuff to do the multimeter thing and even if i figured out what the problem was, id definitely need to get a plumber in to fix it so might as well call him now!

thanks all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back