replacing honeywell motor in motorised valve

after the boiler taken to bits it turns out its the gas valve? picking up new one from plumb centre tomorrow (anyone got tips on best place to get in SW London? Honeywell VR4601C) and hopefully have heat by mid afternoon..

very hard to type with gloves on!

Sponsored Links
If it's the gas valve you will need a RGI, do NOT attempt this as a DIY repair. from your earlier posts you are obviously not competant to do the job.

If it's the gas valve you will need a RGI, do NOT attempt this as a DIY repair. from your earlier posts you are obviously not competant to do the job.

dont worry, im not! im buying the part (plumber is busy and this'll get things moving quicker - although not in stock anywhere so weve got to wait til mid-week to get it) and he's coming to fit it once its arrived!

the honeywell motorised valve (model no: V4043H1056) is only working in manual mode so i figure the motor needs replacing.

so whats this got to do with the gas valve ?

since when does the gas valve/boiler know when the valves worked manually ?

Sponsored Links
If you're talking about PartsCenter Wandsworth, they won't sell you a gas valve, if they do what their notices say.

You really do need someone used to diagnosing CH faults to deal with this - it's sounding all wrong!

the honeywell motorised valve (model no: V4043H1056) is only working in manual mode so i figure the motor needs replacing.

so whats this got to do with the gas valve ?

since when does the gas valve/boiler know when the valves worked manually ?

that wasnt the problem in the end. I thought it was but turns out i was wrong and it wasnt faulty at all.

If you're talking about PartsCenter Wandsworth, they won't sell you a gas valve, if they do what their notices say.

You really do need someone used to diagnosing CH faults to deal with this - it's sounding all wrong!

I was talking about Plumb Centre.. Is that the same as Parts Centre?

I have had a fully qualified plumber round, he figured it out and we're waiting on a part. I did say this already. I wanted to let you know that all was okay and there's nothing to worry about anymore, all being fixed next week and not by me...... I tried as much as I could do (ie replace the motor) and then got a pro in to do the rest.... I couldnt have been anymore sensible than that, it was worth a try to fix it but didnt work so I moved on...

Thanks anyway all.. you are all much more knowledgable about this stuff than I am and way more than I expected DIY folks would be..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back