Replacing Honeywell T6060 thermostat with Danfoss RET1000m

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am new to this but I was to replace my really old Honeywell T6060 with Danfoss RET1000M. I am confused on wiring. Can you please help me how to wire it.

Honeywell wiring:

Terminal 1:blue
Terminal 2: green/yellow
Terminal 4: empty
Terminal 3: brown

I have five connections on danfoss ret1000m.
N and L and then 1, 2 and 3.

Which wife should go to which terminal.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
There should be a diagram inside the lid of your T6060 showing what each of the terminals does. From this the function of each wire (if it has been correctly installed to start with) can be identified. I believe that the diagram will look like this.

6060.jpg

If it is the same as the above, then the connections should presently be:

1 = Live
2 = Neutral
3 = Switched Live / CH ON

Note: the terminal numbers are not actually in numerical order. So check them carefully, I seem to remember they are numbered from the top down as 2,1,4,3 and have little arrows from the numbers to identify them.

The wiring colours would have been chosen by the originally installer, but if you have described the terminal numbers and colours correctly, the colours you state are odd. For example the blue wire [usually Neutral] has been used as a live, and a green/yellow wire [usually earth] has been used as the switched live conductor. Therefore, I recommend that someone who is suitably skilled tests the wires first to confirm that they actually are what they should be.

If the diagram inside the lid of your thermostat is different from the above, post back a photo of the diagram inside your thermostat.

The RET1000m has the following connections:

RET1000M.JPG

Once you have determined what each of the wires at the T6060 actually is, then it is just a matter of moving them to the RET terminals that have the same function:

The Live wire connects to L
The Neutral wire connects to N
The Switched Live / CH on wire goes to 2 (On)
A wire link needs to be added between L and 1 (Com)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back