Replacing Linels Cost - Resonable? - Finally got quotes...

Sponsored Links
I changed a 70year old one on my house last week. The angle iron was a little over an inch, I have no idea how they managed to balance the bricks on it
Ah so - Ninja brickies of 70 years ago - all employed on low wages. I remember my grandfather ( working from 1919 - 1979 as a decorator ) saying he never earned more than £twenty a week.

Sponsored Links
You should have said "them", not "it", so is this anther double entendre Andy, or have you got an affinity with Nosealls predilection as well.

Reinforcement along it's length; they'll stop it twisting and sagging.

Extra strength? More Rigidity? I would assume something like that.

Triangles are often incorporated into structural design as they increase strength

to be honest, i think they would have little effect, i would have thought most of the stress was downward, would those brackets help that? but hey what do i know.....i see they were just tack welded, i wonder if they were fully welded after the picture was taken (scratches head)

It was a B&B requirement. Paradoxically the welding of the strengthening triangles to the steel angle caused the steel to tug and twist slightly. I also had it done in place so that I could gauge out the brick joints so that the fillet triangles were located in sync with the brick perp's. Not a simple as it looks.

And if you look REALLY close you will see that I went to the trouble of actually sinking the angle down into the brick so that I would not end up with the bricks rising out of course as they passed over the steel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back