Replacing mechanical thermostat with programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, any help/advice appreciated!
I want to swap a mechanical room stat (Honeywell T6360B) with a new programmable one (probably a Honeywell CM907/707). I have Worcester Bosch Combi boiler, with built in mechanical timer - the timer does not work.

First question - the old thermostat is rated up to 10A but programmer I think is only 6A - will it work OK?

Second question maybe more tricky - can I use existing wiring?
104000_103824_66798_92187052_thumb.jpg
104000_103824_66799_11488300_thumb.jpg

1-Brown, 2-Grey, 3-Grey - existing T6360 wiring

104000_103824_66802_64350874_thumb.jpg

CM707 wiring

So I figured I could use old wiring as
1 -> A (L)
2 -> terminate
3 -> B (call)?

BUT then I looked behind a blank plate next to boiler labelled "thermostat". There's a terminal block with Blue, G/Y, Brown from one direction, and Grey, Black, Brown (and an earth that is snipped, not terminated) from another.

Does anyone know if this could effect how to wire the thermostat? Any ideas what it is??

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
The old stat will have a live, neutral and a call wire.

Your new programmer doesn't need a permanent live. It's battery powered so it's happy days. The boilers old clock needs to be either bridged out or set to constant.

Most battery powered stats only have two terminals, live in and call as their just a fancy switch.

Take the wire that feeds the live to the programmer, and the call wire only, safety isolate the neutral. Your heating system is 3amp :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back