Replacing old towel radiator - new one is narrower!

hi, if you really are not that bothered about how it looks ,you can do it quite easy with 2 offset shower bar fittings ( as old and bold posted earlier) and 2 , 3/4 female to 15mm compression couplers ( chrome plated or brass ).as long as you have around 3 to 4 inches between bottom of rad and your valves ( or can move rad up higher if you really get stuck). I have a couple of the offsets if you have difficulty getting them. or I can bend you a couple of 15 mm copper ,chrome plated , lengths of tube.regards terry.

Sponsored Links
Fook me an abortion is looming...
Just tweek the pipework under the floor in order to get correct centre to centre.

If the floor is wood,then enlarging the pipe holes to bring the pipes in a few more mm.

Also Have seen shower bar offset fittings used in conjunction with 3/4" radiator valve,

.View attachment 122125
The radiator valve entry tappings are 1/2" BSP , what use would those 3/4" offset fittings be???
The advise given out on here is frustrating to say the least.
We have another thread whereby the the OP is asking about short courses in plumbing.
Industry gone to the dogs , every man and his dog think this plumbing/heating game is a breeze to which can be taught in a couple of months...:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back