replacing pull-switch for fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - Looking at temporarily replacing a broken pull-switch for a fan - before doing the bathroom properly.

It's a direct switch with nothing else running off it, no timer or anything - so as I understand - not ideal with todays regs and moisture management rules.

But - I just want to the thing to work until I get round to looking at it properly..

I assume it's just a fan - so one-way will be fine and I assume it's low ampage. Will I need double pole switch because it's in a bathroom?

Pics of what I'm replacing below.

I was thinking about one of these (mostly because it has a little light) but I am aware the 45w rating is a bit of an overkill.

otherwise - I guess one of these will fit the bill if wired as 1-way.

Any advice would be greatly received.

whitling2k

Sponsored Links
That looks like its a double pole switch as it has 4 terminals marked IN and OUT.

So it would be easier to replace like for like so get a double pole switch

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back