Replacing RMT230 with RET230

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys
I've got a RET230 to replace my RMT230 which is registering about 5 degrees of the correct temperature (which is driving me potty)
I'd either like to replace my RMT230 or get it to register the correct temp.

Currently the RMT230 is wired as :

CON 4: GRAY (Neutral?)
CON 1: Brown (Live?)
CON 2: Black (On?)

For the RET230 - I think it should be:
Neutral: Gray
Live: Brown
3 (On): Black

Do you think this should be correct?

Sponsored Links
2, 3, 4 are voltage free contacts, therefore you will need to link L and 2 to get power from 4.

Sorry - I'm not following you - on the RET230, the are no pins for connections 1 and 2.

Also, I've just noticed that for the RMT230, the diagram inside the unit indicates that Neutral is commoned between 2 and 4.
Does this sound right?

That would imply that Gray and Black should be commoned together - but that doesn't sound right to me.

Also, I've just noticed that for the RMT230, the diagram inside the unit indicates that Neutral is commoned between 2 and 4.

No they are not, Have a good look.

Sponsored Links
For the RET230 - I think it should be:
Neutral: Gray
Live: Brown
3 (On): Black

Do you think this should be correct?
If the model number is just RET230 and not one of the variants. e.g RET230-C3 or RET230LS etc, then your wiring is correct.

Thanks for that - both models are the base model.
I will give that a shot when I get home from work tonight.

When I had the front plate off last night, I noticed that there is a thin sheet of metal behind the dial, and presume that the expansion and compression of this plate controls the detected temp. This thin sheet has been bent, and would this cause it to detect the wrong temperature?

I would provide a photo if I could find my camera to illustrate this! ;)

Thanks for your responses.

Cheers
Scott

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back