replacing rusty radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks,

I removed a radiator in my hall last night so that I could get in behind it to strip off wallpaper.

I noticed that the radiator was very rusty at one of the lochshield valves so I have decided to replace it - with it just being a 600x600 single rad it's not exactly pushing the limits of my budget.

Will any standard 600x600 sold at b&q or plumb centre etc fit? I want to replace it but I want one that just fits straight on as I have no desire to start messing about with any piping.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes, any that size will do. though you may well have to remove the existing brackets and use the new ones supplied - so not entirely a straight swap but near as!!

cool, that makes it much easier

So just to confirm, the size of the pipes will be okay but will the parts of the rad the pipes fit onto be in exactly the same place - i wont need to change the piping/lsv's at all?

Sponsored Links
Technaut said:
Will the parts of the rad the pipes fit onto be in exactly the same place ?

You'll be lucky mate :LOL:

Expect some slight modification and doubtful that you will be able to hang it in the exact alignment to the valves :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back