replacing Sonade2000 with Reson8 alarm box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My outside alarm started coming on without any indication on the control box, so after 20+years I thought it might be a good idea replace the box, so I bought a Reson8 to replace it. As with the old box there was a + and - to the strobe, on the new box there is only a - , do I leave the cable off for the + ? I have done this and just connected the remaining 5 cables, but the alarm is staying on and not responding to the control box, as it appeared to be with the old box ???

Sponsored Links
Connect the + to hold off + and the - to stobe and It should work any trouble just come back on here and me or other members will give you advice

Thank you for the info. I have just carried that out . The strobe+ from the control box is now connected to the+ on the hold off on the alarm box which also has the +from the bell connected (D-D) and I still have the same problem. Also when I activate the control box I get the three PIRs I have all light up. Which they did before I just altered the wiring. Should I get a reading when I put a meter on the + & - on the hold off D+A. I don't get anything?

Regards

glyntycerrig

First thing what control panel is it ? Post a picture of the connections, I have seen pirs powered from the bell fuse before, on a 12 core with a joint in the loft!

Sponsored Links
In the panel multimeter set on dc range across D and A you should get around 13 volts dc if not replace bell fuse 1amp quick blow. Now re-check

Checked the fuse - it had blown, replaced it and all is back to normal !!!!!!
don't know if that was the original fault, or was there a fault with the outside box???? anyway I have a new one, the other one had been up for 20+ yrs.
many thanks everyone for your help.

Blwyddyn Newydd dda.

(Welsh for)

Happy New Year,,

Happy new year glad it's sorted 😃

Ps sonade bell boxes have a habit of water damage on the back of the pcb !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back