Replacing spring clip for bathroom spotlight

image-jpeg.94707

Whats this white wire connected to at the moment, post a pic if possible.
You should be able to reconnect that into the black box on the new fitting

Sponsored Links
Confused again. The "white wire" isn't connected to anything as stated earlier . It has just been pushed into recess in loft as shown. The cable connects to bayonet housing that's intended to fit onto GU10 bulb but not using that bulb also as stated. I don't see how/why I could connect it to terminal.

Feel like we're going over old ground here.

Thanks

Think I've finally understood what you mean.

You have a new surround, you are using the old lampholders, and the new unused lampholder is fixed to the new surround but not connected to anything.

Correct?

Is it possible to remove the new, unused lampholder completely, and then fix the older lampholder to the new fitting?

Sponsored Links
Think I've finally understood what you mean.

You have a new surround, you are using the old lampholders, and the new unused lampholder is fixed to the new surround but not connected to anything.

Correct?

Is it possible to remove the new, unused lampholder completely, and then fix the older lampholder to the new fitting?

We established that and i suggested doing that

it May be ok to just fit that in the new housing, but theres no cable restraint, nomally you would adapt the new fitting to take your old wires into the black connection unit.

In that black housing is a connecter block, you would put your old lampholder into it one side, and your old supply cable into the other side

and

image-jpeg.94707

Whats this white wire connected to at the moment, post a pic if possible.
You should be able to reconnect that into the black box on the new fitting

However, he abrubtly replied

Confused again. The "white wire" isn't connected to anything as stated earlier . It has just been pushed into recess in loft as shown. The cable connects to bayonet housing that's intended to fit onto GU10 bulb but not using that bulb also as stated. I don't see how/why I could connect it to terminal.

Feel like we're going over old ground here,

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back