Replacing tap tails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I need to replace the funny ribbed pipes coming from the tap tails as the ends going into the iso valves are leaking.

Is it easy to remove the copper push fit joints and replace with new ones? And then replace the ribbed pipes back to the iso valves?

DE0F25BA-1B51-425A-86D1-16191B7FB427.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I’m fairly sure copper push fittings cannot be removed non destructively - you need to cut them out. However if the leak is where those ribbed pipes meet the isolation valves then, assuming a turn with a spanner does not resolve the leak, I would leave the tap connectors all in place and just splice in some new pipe work at rhe valves.

I’m fairly sure copper push fittings cannot be removed non destructively - you need to cut them out. However if the leak is where those ribbed pipes meet the isolation valves then, assuming a turn with a spanner does not resolve the leak, I would leave the tap connectors all in place and just splice in some new pipe work at rhe valves.
Will these do it?

Sponsored Links
If only the joint at the isolators leaks ,why bother doing anything other than sort the compression joints out ?

If only the joint at the isolators leaks ,why bother doing anything other than sort the compression joints out ?
Because I took end of the ribbed pipe out and tried to remove the old olives, the pipe wasn’t in good condition so I tried to cut them back but the damn pipe cutter crushed the pipe and has left me with not enough pipe to work with.

I thought I’d I could get the old ribbed pipes off I could save the tap and save money, a new ribbed pipe doesn’t seem too expensive.

Because I took end of the ribbed pipe out and tried to remove the old olives, the pipe wasn’t in good condition so I tried to cut them back but the damn pipe cutter crushed the pipe and has left me with not enough pipe to work with.

Could have saved yourself a lot of bother with a few wraps of ptfe around the olives.

New tap time now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back