Replacing Tubular latch for bathroom door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently replacing the bathroom levers and latch. The latch locks by turning the spindle ( thin metal rod like on a Yale lock). This prevents the latch from turning when turned vertically.

I'm firstly having trouble finding a replacement latch. Can't seem to find any lockable ones. Secondly can't find a replacement spindle which uses a similar type of rod.

Any help much appreciated on options here.

Thanks

Jeet

Sponsored Links
Legge do some of those tubular latches where a flat (not square) bar penetrates the case to block movement of the latch. They are usually quite long. The thumbturn with flat bar has been discontinued and I do not know another.

like this
http://www.discountlocks.co.uk/Legg...Locking-Func-p/legge-3722lk.htm#axzz3JuLU7n91

Legge 3724LK is the 95mm size, 3722LK is the 79mm.

I have not seen any other make with this feature.

There are numerous bathroom sashlocks with a thumbturn locking facility, which use a square spindle.

Post a pic, it may help.

Hi

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction here. Sounds like just I'm after.

Although looks like they have discontinued the lock activating spindle. Will try some private shops for this.

Thanks

J

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back