Replacing valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 3 radiators to remove due to decorating and re-plastering.
I have taken 2 of them off but the third is giving problems.
While turning off the valve, it broke !!
the metal top snapped.....so i'll have to drain the system and take the rad off replace the valve wont I ??

I'll have a go at it myself as I'm told its not that hard.

Does anyone have any good pics on a website of how to fit the new valve ?

Thanks
Gary

Sponsored Links
Pictures on web sites isn't really what this forum is about, so you'll have to make do with words.

Firstly, you don't usually have to remove the radiator just to replace a valve. Just buy a valve of the same type and leave the tail in place.

You might have to remove the olive on the pipework if the insertion distance isn't compatible, and for this you need either an olive removing tool or the ability to be careful with a junior hacksaw.

Don't forget to disable any boiler that might be empty of water after draining down. Also, take the opportunity to renew the drain off cock washer while the system is empty. Also, when refilling, don't forget to protect the system by adding a chemical corrosino inhibitor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back