Repositioning soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm looking for some advice on working with and planning a soil pipe's route/construction. The pipes are internal and I cannot move the floor entry point.

The basic requirement is to extend the existing soil pipe upwards so that its vent is no longer on the ground floor (hygiene restriction for our cider house).

The existing orientation of the pipe will hit a joist (and it rises overlapping a window opening which is annoying).

My main question is whether a double branch fitting (see attached diagram) would be appropriate here; the horizontal distance of soil pipe either side will be >1m. What would you do with the unused top exit - fit an inspection cap? I'm looking at a double branch to make the job neat.

Secondly where should I add inspection caps (the proposed position of the vertical pipe would put it in a mini corridor where horizontal access would be tricky - is an inspection pipe before a 90° practical?)

I hope the diagram helps explain and thanks to anyone able to take the time to help ^_^

Sponsored Links
Normally you would have both toilets running into a vertical branch, one of the reasons being that there wouldn't be an opportunity for waste from upstairs finding it's way along to the loo downstairs. Not saying this would happen, but I would try to avoid your setup if I could. Your waste vent needs to be 1m away from a window, aav or no aav :)

what you are proposing seems acceptable. If it will make it easier put an access pipe into the bend on the vertical instead of an access bend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back