Repressurising combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
5C429216-F1E8-40DA-A6F8-C58D65259395.jpeg
Good morning, could some kindly help me establish which knobs to turn to repressurise system? Thanks Gordon

Sponsored Links
At the top of the silver hose you have a valve with a black handle looks like a butterfly

Twist that 1/4 turn.

• Your boiler should now fill
  • slowly does it
  • you want 1.5 bar....
  • no more than 2 bar.
  • Bleed radiators
  • then see if it needs topping up.
  • If so just repeat.
  • Then turn heating on to circulate
  • keep eye on pressure.

Sponsored Links
Bodd, all going well so far. Just working on getting air out and pressure correct, happy to be learning a new skill

The radiator still not warming up much so perhaps the thermostat on the radiator is broken.

Taken the thermostat off and the needle moves in and out fine, radiators has been bled so can’t work out why it’s not working well. It has hot water in the in pipe, the top of the radiator is luke only warm and the bottom cold. Maybe a problem within the main thermostat.

Taken the thermostat off and the needle moves in and out fine, radiators has been bled so can’t work out why it’s not working well. It has hot water in the in pipe, the top of the radiator is luke only warm and the bottom cold. Maybe a problem within the main thermostat.
nope nothing to do with the main thermostat, close every other radiator and see if the problem one gets hot, the main thermostat is simply an on?off switch

Also check the other valve is open. Has this problem rad ever worked properly?

Hi Ian, good idea. I turned all the thermostats off on the other radiators and the inefficiency radiator I’d say went from 10% to 80% efficiency. Still on a little warm at the very bottom but the rest as it should be. Any idea what this may indicate? I’d assume an poor circuit.

Hi Chris, we’ve lived in property for two years and it’s been consistently poor. Though I’ve only tried now to fix it in advance of baby coming as it’s the spare bedroom.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
After turning all other rads back on ,does problem rad still heat ok ?
It's more than likely your system isn't balanced.

Hi Terry, after turning the others back on it has lost heat but it’s is a little warmer than before trying to start fixing problem.

Hi Gordon,

As per Terry, this is where I was heading with it not being balanced

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back