Resecuring a toilet pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just moved into a new place and the toilet bowl/pan is loose. It doesn't sit on a flange and has no holes through which to bolt it to the floor. It rests on ceramic tiles, and was previously plastered in place. I can redo the plaster, but I was wondering if anyone had any better suggestions? Maybe epoxy or some other serious adhesive? I rent, so replacing the bowl entirely is not an option, and I'm also looking for a relatively cheap solution.

Sponsored Links
Normal bathroom silicone is also remarkably strong. The surfaces have too be non-porous and clean though. And it can't be used in very thick sections, or else the middle bit will take months to cure.

I siliconed a basin pedstal to a tiled floor a few years ago. When I needed to remove the pedestal, the tiles came up with it :oops:

Sticks Like Sh*t, No More Nails, something of that ilk?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back