Reset an ADT Alarm - Only ADT?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

my wife messed up the ADT Galaxy (8 or 16) alarm in our place and I don't have the engineer-master code. It now says to call AlarmCo (ADT) quoting code 81124. ADT would charge £200+ for the intervention and I'm happy to get quote from anyone else knowledgable with such matter.

Just PM me with your contact details and I'll call back

20161102_120540.jpg

Sponsored Links
That means it has signalling.

Alarm companies use "Remote reset" to stop people from resetting their alarms unless their is a valid reason for it going off. > Not strictly true but there ya go.

Alarm companies have their own seed code. This seed code means the only anti code that will reset your alarm will be from that alarm company (ADT in your case) and a different seed code used for each of their branches.

Short of defaulting the engineers code and reprogramming it there is little you can do.

Last edited:
New Galaxy G2-12 panels are available for about £30 on ebay. All the sensors/keypad etc can be re-used. Added extra bonus is the availability of an ethernet module allowing the alarm to text/call you when your alarm goes off. Google selfmon for more info, there are a few happy customers on here, including me.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back