Resetting Breaker Doesn't Restore Power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My heater tripped the circuit breaker a couple of times and I was able to restore power by resetting the breaker. Then we had a new air conditioner put in and the technician did something in the circuit breaker box.

The AC works but now the outlets that the heater tripped before are not working. I reset the breaker multiple times but still no power. I pressed the "reset" button on one of my outlets but still no power.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
You could ask the electrician!!!

Most likely senario is that the electrician discovered a fault and has isolated it, but it seems odd that he didn't inform you and quote for putting it right.

Sponsored Links
Sounds to me like he has disconnected the afor mentioned socket, which sounds like an RCD integrated type like the MK seal range and this is why it does not work.

I would contact this "technician" and ask him to invetsigate why the socket is not working now when it was before he ballsed it up..:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back