response PA400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved into a house with this alarm (Response PA400) installed.

Everything seems to work fine except that the current config relies on mains power and has no (proper) battery backup over the ability to connect two 9v batteries.

The previous owner has left the installation manual and also left a Response 1.2Ah lead acid rechargeable battery/instructions.

I would like to change over the 9v alkalines to the rechargeable 1.2ah battery.

I have opened the control box and there appears to be a space to house the lead acid battery but how do I connect it so that is is charged by the control panel in case someone just cuts the mains power? I cannot see any draw off the circuit board to supply power to the rechargeable battery. The rechargeable battery instructions just say that the battery should be connected/supports all Response control units.

Equally, I do not want to blow the circuit board!

My meter box is on the outside of the house and can be switched off easily?

I know this is not the 'fort knox' system but as a deterrent I would like it to pass 1st base of not switching off the mains?

any advice gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
Your panel takes 9v alkaline batteries that are non rechargable , so I would assume that the panel does not have the necessary charging circuit to support a 12v rechargable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back