Response Wirefree alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some advice. I have installed plenty of alarms in the past both wired and wirefree but they have all been of a pretty standard nature.
I now need to protect my own home and garage.
I would like to have a dialler system that will contact me should the alarm be activated since people don't seem to take much notice of them. My biggest concern is my garage where i keep all my tools and motorbike. The garage is 20 metres max from the house.
I was thinking of using the response SA5 unit possibly putting the bell box on the garage facing the house coz theres more chance of my neighbours taking notice than strangers.
Does anyone know if its possible to add a second bell box to this system? Which i could then put on the front of the house as well.

The next problem is the dialer. I only have one phone socket in the house and have just had new carpets and walls plastered so don't fancy running another one out. Is there some sort of telephone sender unit on the market i could use to tranfer the signal?

I have tried looking at the specs on the internet but cant find what sort of distance the individual components will communicate with each other from, does anyone have any idea?

Sponsored Links
thanks for the link. I could do it properly with a hard wired system but it would mean running 3 cables down to the garage and i really don't want to get into that. (1 for a second bell box, 1 for a remote keypad and 1 for the pir/door contact) Plus the SA5 has already been ordered. I've always been able to solve false activations in the past by changing the radio frequency or using the "learning" system some alarms incorporate.
My problem is finding any of the specifications for the system, i guess i'll have to wait for it to come and hope the details are in the manual.
as for the phone socket i've had to bite the bullet and do some work :( . Opted for a cupboard in the bathroom where i can hide a phone socket only disturbing a small area of lino.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back