Resurfacing Concrete Path

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, so the mods may want to move it into the correct section if it's not...

Anyway, we have a concrete paved area at the back of our terraced house, which is looking very worse for wear - it's full of cracks and patched up areas, and the surface is always dirty and dusty. I have just finished cleaning it with a pressure washer, which has cleaned it up quite a lot, but has also shown up all the defects.

What I was wondering was, what would be the cheapest way to freshen it up without having to dig the whole lot up? Is there a way I could resurface it with a thin layer of concrete or something similar? I was thinking of painting it, but that would problably flake off and be extremely slippery.

I have a pic here to show the area I mean (this is before cleaning, and before the snow, which damaged it even more)

Sponsored Links
You can certainly simply add a new thin layer of concrete to give it a new surface.

I would add a complete layer, rather than just touch it up, so that there isn't a mish-mash of colour/styles.

There are also contractors who can do it for you, but if you're comfortable laying concrete, then its a doddle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back