Retaining wall for garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just bought a house and the garden is around a metre height level above the patio, the existing retaining wall holding it is falling down.

What is the best materials to use, I was going to build it out of concrete blocks, what sort of depth footings and what about drainage so the wall doesnt fall or bow again
and anything else i will need to take into consideration

Graham

Sponsored Links
What do i do about drainage, do I just cut various holes in the brickwork or dont I need worry about it?

:confused:

Depends on wall location and length.. but best way is to put some pea shingle wrapped in terram behind the base of the brick wall. Then put weepholes (50mm holes) at about 2m centres through the brick wall about 150mm above ground level to let the water drain from the pea shingle to the lower side.

Sponsored Links
Depends on wall location and length.. but best way is to put some pea shingle wrapped in terram behind the base of the brick wall. Then put weepholes (50mm holes) at about 2m centres through the brick wall about 150mm above ground level to let the water drain from the pea shingle to the lower side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back