Retaining wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im after a bit of advice im building a driveway in my front garden my garden slopes downward toward the house im basically turning my garden into two tiers the slope on the bottom will be used as backfill its going to be 1.9m high about 1m of that is already existing and it will be 7m long if that makes sense how deep will my foundations need to be and will using a single layer blocks layed flat be sufficient to hold it all up, thanks in advance :confused:

Sponsored Links
hi im after a bit of advice im building a driveway in my front garden my garden slopes downward toward the house im basically turning my garden into two tiers the slope on the bottom will be used as backfill its going to be 1.9m high about 1m of that is already existing and it will be 7m long if that makes sense how deep will my foundations need to be and will using a single layer blocks layed flat be sufficient to hold it all up, thanks in advance :confused:
Yes, blocks laid flat will be enough to hold it all up...if you make the wall 1m thick :rolleyes:

Seriously, you need to get the wall designed by an engineer as 1.9m is far too high to guess at. They will also then design the foundation for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back