REVENHEAT BOILER PROBLEMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello people

Hope u can help me having problems with central heating .boiler fires up for about 10 seconds then goes off then back on and off continually.
I have read some suggestion with regards to the pressure switch and the silicone tubes going to the fan. I have looked at the pressure switch and it only has I tube coming from it and this does not attach to the fan it just hangs down ,felt round fan for any nipple that it might have came off but there is none .
Fan does work ok .also if the pressure switch was faulty would this not effect the hot water? Which is ok most of the time but doe have same problem occasionally

Cheers jim51

Sponsored Links
Ravenheat boiler ?? which one ?? Tube hanging off ?? does not go to the fan ?? most of the ravens Csi ect the tube does not go to the fan !!!!!!!!

Ravenheap csi 85 band A?
does this only do it on CH? ie does burner stay alite when you run a tap?
if so its your fan modulation pcb

Sponsored Links
Loads of things can cause it and the most likely depends on what exact model and the version of that model.
Here's a quick run down and maybe I missed something or still have something to learn!
Most common are asterisked*

2 lights on the front or 3?

3 lights:-

*CH sensor 99% DHW sensor 1%
*Fan stiffening up
Flue fault ... one I came across lately had a rotted inner flue core accompanied by a smell of acid.
*Blocked pilot injector.
Honeywell air pressure switches sometimes stick
'Huba' ones rarely stick but take a little longer to operate
Ignition pcb .. blue 'SIT' ones and less frequently red 'Honeywell' type
Flue not fitted in accordance with instructions
Flame sensing lead fault. It is an official Ravenheat mod to replace the flame sense lead with one that does not go to the condensate trap
Incorrect location of flue ring.. normally should be at 90º to the direction of the flue outlet.
5" flue needs smaller 77mm flue ring.
Blocked condensate trap or pipe.

2 lights:-

A selection of the above plus
faulty pcb especially on 'Star' models [rarely on others]
*Fan modulation pcb
Some of the Dungs type valves had a fault which caused them to drop out shutting the gas off even though they had full voltage

Premix types like the H120N and H150N are a different ballgame altogether

And almost everything on that list should be done by an RGI !

Most common faults for the ravenheaps that we fitted CSI primary are

Leads

Honeywell aps's , Honeywell ign pcb's ( honeywell ! they certainly supply carp to the boiler industry )

Damage caused by the condensate out let on the recouperater blocking resulting in condensate eventually leaking out the boiler onto the electronics , always fit a tesco bag over electrics on these heaps !

Flues rotting away not uncommon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back