Reverse Contactor

Good-oh.

It's just I kept thinking, Flixborough, Bhopal, Buncefield.....

...Chernobyl :eek:

Seriously though it depends on what safety criteria there are by any authoritarian bodies regarding what level of fail-safe there is.
Some systems have early warning and fail-safe on secondary warning or give you a certain amount to time before shut-down. Others may need to cut-out straight away.
Most safety applications require a reset after a fault condition anyhow.

Sponsored Links
Is it a proper fire alarm with a panel, or a few interlinked smoke sensors?

if it's the former, fire alarm panels usually have volt free contacts to interface with things like smoke extracts and door lock controllers and so on..

It's fun to make teaspoons out of Wood's metal...

Just don't try & drink the tea :eek:

Sponsored Links
Probably a latching relay - try this as a starting point (dont forget you're 230v, not 12v!)

http://www.enemythunder.com/latchrelay.html[/QUOTE]

That's probably exactly what i'm looking for.

PB1 allows me to re-energise the ciruit after it's either been started up for the first time or been cut.

I can then add 3 relays in series with PB2.

The water and stat can be added onto a normally open relay where the cutting of power from the stat/water sensor.

Since there is no way around sensing the fire alarm, I'll wire the relay up as normally closed where activation makes it open.

If I find an alternative or additional sensor (wood metal sensor) then I can add an additional relay and wire up depending on the output.

These are just a few basic interlinked smoke detectors... I'm using them to detect smouldering above the circuit board and a few other areas.

I think he is joking - in some safety critical applications there are always on healthy tone alarms generated. If this stops then the system is known to be broken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back