Revised Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Alpha 240p, fires up but only for 4 mins at a time, should i ask the plumber to replace the thermistor only, or the limit switch, or both?

Sponsored Links
you might like to consider adding details of your boiler and the symptoms of the problem you are taliking about. Or add this question onto whatever topic you want to revise.

Many thanks

It is an Ocean Alpha 240P, just before Xmas it decided to spring a couple of leaks (repaired now) everything is fine....until today, I put the heating on, and noticed the boilers actions (as no TV on, so the noise made me investigate)

When asking the bolier for heating, it fires up, but only for 4 minutes say, then "fires down" for a couple of minutes, then fires back up gain, and so on.

I have called someone via work, who suggested it sounds like the thermistor Baxi part number 439522, and or the limit switch Alpha part number 449970

So my question is "does this sound correct, and if so, should I replace just the thermistor, or both parts, and how much should a reputable plumber charge?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back