rewired hose 2004, now for the kitchen?

gjh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hmm, I rewired the entire house last year [June 2004] except the kitchen and have spent the last year renovating the house. I intended to get a sparky round to check it out at the end of this year once the kitchen was complete but now with part P i'm not sure what to do! As I did the rest of the house last year before part P came into force I dont dont need to get it signed off [except for peace of mind], but now I'm not allowed to rewire the kitchen myself!!

What would you [any sparky reading this] recommend?

gjh, please note 20

Sponsored Links
I'm not a spark but if I were you I'd rewire the kitchen as well and claim you did it a while ago. Lots of info on this already, search forum.

one slight problem with that, the twin & earth colours changed too

Sponsored Links
Yes, even my local bq has a load of it left on the shelves(I kid you not, have they even heard of part P??)

gjh, whilst I disagree with DIY electrical work being allowed, as many here are aware, the comments above are not helpful in your case. Ther law does not prevent you from rewiring your kitchen yourself, but it does compel you to have it certified by a person or organisation who are themselves certified to do this.

The call is yours, do the work and pay someone to certify it, or pay someone to do the work who is able to self certify. The last option is likely to be the cheapeest to be honest, but a phone about may prove helpful.

The new colours shouldn't be problem as they were around in 2004.

Check or little date stickers or moulded dates on the fittings. Though, of course, you are entitled to change fittings even in a kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back