RF Programmable Stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a new static caravan in December 2006 which came with central heating - a Worcester 24i Junior RSF boiler. This model boiler was then discontinued in August 2007. The central heating in the caravan does not include a room thermostat and I would very much like to add a Mech RF Stat (a MT10RF as recommended by Worcester for this particular model). I do not know if it is because the boiler has been discontinued but I am having great difficulty in sourcing the MT10RF - surely it should not be difficult to source parts for a boiler that is only 12 months old? I have "googled" high and low without any success - the part number is 7-716-192-035. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
If your heart is set on that particular stat then try phoning worcester otherwise just use any other stat

Whats hard about finding an MT10RF?? get yourself down to plumb center I still sometimes fit them because they are easier to use than the DT10RF if the customer is not tech minded :p

Hi Corgigrouch. Just done a search of Plumb Centre Online. They do have a MT10RF but it is for the Greenstar i, Greenstar Si and Greenstar CDi models (part number 7-716-192-037). I know this because I have already purchased one in error. The footprint of the Receiver is too big for the 24i Junior RSF. The Part Number I require is 7-716-192-035. I have contacted Worcester by email but have yet to receive a response - do they sell items direct?

Sponsored Links
Doh!!! Sorry about that, I really must learn to read what is in front of me.. I would say that Worcester should be able to tell you what the part number is so that you can order the part through your local Plumb.. I prefer to telephone their tech line, they are pretty helpful. All my info is on the Greenstars as I chuck old product info away once they have been discontinued

The Worcester website is dead handy for tech literature...Here we go the part Number for the transmitter is 8716-106-191 and the receiver is 8716-106-192

I wouldn't bother, the Mech RF is unreliable. You are missing nothing, believe me.

Fit an outboard Honeywell CMT927 instead, you can hide the receiver in a cupboard, it is far far better than the Grasslin based RF Mech.

Hi Chris_J. Yes I have tried Ebay - they only have the Mech RF Stat for the Greenstar models and not the 24i/28i Junior that I require!

Hi simond. Are they really that bad? I have only gone for the MT10RF as it is plug and play (and even I could fit it).

Hi again Corgigrouch. Thanks for that information although I did already have it. If I could get hold of the Receiver (8-716-106-192) I should be able to use it with the Transmitter that I purchased in error. I have tried to locate one on the net (to get a price) but, alas, no luck!

In which case the honeywell is a peach of a unit and not difficult to wire in.. I have fitted a fair few of the MT10RF and only had a couple of failures, normally it is the mechanical clock that fails

Simmodave, what was the solution for you in the end, did you find the older reciever?

I've done exactally the same thing as you. Pretty stupid they kept the same model numbers to the newer model even though it's a different receiver.

Cheers

Ray

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back