RF Room Thermostats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I want to replace my existing room thermostat with an RF one. The existing one is in one of the warmest rooms in the house rather than the coldest room. We have TRV's on most radiators. So I want to put the new RF Room Stat in the coldest room that does not have a TRV and then control the heat in all the other rooms using the TRVs.

Can anyone recommend which is the best 5/2 Day Programmable RF Room Thermostat for the money ?
Also my current Room Thermostat has four wires going to it, would all the wires be needed for the new RF Room Thermostat ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Digistat RF3 usually works.

Why wires? You asked about Radio gadgets.

If your plan was to fit the radio receiver in place of existing thermostat - won't work. Receiver needs Permanent Live. Better to fit it alongside wiring centre and wire it in directly.

Not nice to program though. Look at Honeywell CM67RF

If you got a Vaillant boiler you can also use VRT 340f. I've got this solution, and it works excellent! :)

Sponsored Links
What if I where to leave the heating control, on the timer box, to be on CONSTANT HEAT. Could I then wire the Receiver in tothe existing thermostat wiring ?

If you are putting in a programmable thermostat, yes thats the way it can be done. The thermostat then sets the on/off times.

Did you misread what I said or are you after a 'second opinion'?
The receiver for the RF thermostat I suggested REQUIRES PERMANENT LIVE. So will most others. You will NOT find this on the wiring to a room stat. You MIGHT find a spare core in the cable which you could connect to a permanently live terminal in the wiring centre but why bother? It's better to put the receiver near the rest of the controls. Then you have everything (except the roomstat) in one place when something goes wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back