RGI's who knows the answer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been havig a few beers tonight with a group of friends, one of them is an RGI, he came out with a speach saying, and I quote, " £orgi are pay for european gas fitters ACS accessment and £££££££ORGI registration so they can work within legislation"

Iv'e heard nowt. Any of you chaps heard owt to back up this claim??????

;)

Post cosha info not hear say down the plumbers merchants ;) ;) ;)

PS pick it up monday as Iam mowed out :cool:

Sponsored Links
£orgi are not paying for them, but they are encouraging them to register with seminars being held around the country apparently :rolleyes:

£orgi have always encouraged gas fitters to register with them. Nothing new about that. But paying for our ACS assessments? £orgi? You must be joking.

Mate is a corgi inspector he says they are actively encouraging them but he has not mentioned paying it will ask him over the weekend.

Mowed out ...tell them to shove xmas holidays start monday. Hopefully just bits and bobs next week so don`t have customers crying they don`t have no heat or a working oven... Just hope the woman i gave a price to for change over yesterday with the option of next week or the middle of feb goes for feb..

Sponsored Links
I have heard that in London they are holding seminars showing them how to do tightness tests etc :eek:

But then what do you expect from £orgi, help for the paying RGI's :eek:

Never, all they do is police the ones who are doing correctly, ignore those who are illegal, or just say, 'naughty boy, pay up, join up and we will forget you installed that illegally'.

You must buy our overpriced merchandise (they seem more worried about this during an inspection than anything else :rolleyes: ) and we guarantee our tech line guys will never give a comitted answer other than 'it's in your books'.

We also guarantee that Ian Powney will always ignore any letters sent to him as this makes any problems not exist :eek:

The sooner £orgi get the bullet the better, I want choice of who to join, not a monopoly. They are toothless dogs as they saying goes :LOL:

Rant over :evil:

So it would appear to be as I said to him, "They are encouraging them to P in the pot". Did'nt think they was actually paying for registration, If they where they'd be having to encourage me in the new year :evil: .

I want choice of who to join, not a monopoly.

HERE HERE, Napit tried to no joy, if they keep knocking you never know :rolleyes: .

If the dogs wardens are showing these guys how to perform a tightness test correctly then what happens with the ones who have no idea :?: , and do you think we will get free training if we act numb come the FGA ACS assesment :LOL: :LOL:

PS, Merry crimbo guys. ;)

They can stick the FGA assessment as far as I'm concerned.

Let the toothless dogs prove I don't know how to use one :evil:

OOwerrrr Dave :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Speaking of FGAs (he says typing) Iam in the market for a new kit. What do you chaps use, any pro's or pit falls to look out for.

;)

Speaking of FGAs (he says typing) Iam in the market for a new kit. What do you chaps use, any pro's or pit falls to look out for.

;)

I've got the Sprint 2000 :evil: Although I've been told I have been unlucky, I will NEVER by anything again by this manufacturer :eek:

kane 400 nice and easy[rotary dial] to use unlike the testo 325 which has a horrible user interface press this button scroll here up/down :evil:
next one will be the 425 with nox measurement :rolleyes: for ind/com.

;)

I've got the Sprint 2000 :evil: Although I've been told I have been unlucky, I will NEVER by anything again by this manufacturer :eek:

Now then I've been looking at the Anton Sprint V2 The one thats in this months GI mag (p29), seems an all singing all dancing bells and whistle kind of machine, any one else got good or bad about Antons :eek:

Has your Kane been reliable then Numpty?.

;)

kev at ges in welyn garden ;) thank you clf i am well aware of benefits of membership to ARGI.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back