Richmond sausages..................really?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know that Carlsberg doesn't 'reach the parts that other beers can't' and I don't want to 'treat myself cos I'm worth it'..............but.............'the nation's favourite' surely that ain't right? can't stand the things myself what say you?

Sponsored Links
pink slurry.

they advertise them as if they were premium... but they are the worst sausage I've ever tried.

The supermarket own-brand is better and cheaper.

I wouldn't touch the mass produced things from Walls, Richmond, etc that probably just contain lips and ar**holes. Visit your local butcher, if it hasn't turned halal that is. There you will find sausages that have reasonable quality ingredients and been made by a human being. Little bit more expensive, but worth it. My local butcher has an interesting selection including South African Boerewors. Another bonus is that butchers' sausages have less fat in them, if the bottom of the grill pan is anything to go by.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
can you have halal or kosher pork? Which is what the majority of sausages are made of. (Except Richmond sausages where the majority is something other than meat. I believe they say 43% meat on the ingredients)

My mate calls sausages "mystery tubes", as it's a mystery what's in them (and probably best left that way!)

Of course, unless you actually want pork sausages. Then you may be disappointed.
The type of meat is unimportant.
I'm just wondering why you picked out halal butchers for your inferred disapproval ?

Perhaps because of the inhumane way they dispatch the animals? I'd never knowingly buy it and that's why I avoid KFC.

What makes you think that Halal slaughter is generally different from any other kind in the UK? It has a prayer said over the animal. I'm pretty sure the animal doesn't care, unless it has strong atheist beliefs.

Perhaps you're thinking of Jewish ritual slaughter, where the animals are not, and must not be, stunned before having their throats cut, and are always conscious when being killed.

Strange that you got the name wrong.

What makes you think that Halal slaughter is generally different from any other kind in the UK? It has a prayer said over the animal. I'm pretty sure the animal doesn't care, unless it has strong atheist beliefs.

Perhaps you're thinking of Jewish ritual slaughter, where the animals are not, and must not be, stunned before having their throats cut, and are always conscious when being killed.

Strange that you got the name wrong.

Thats not true of all halal meat.

Perhaps because of the inhumane way they dispatch the animals? I'd never knowingly buy it and that's why I avoid KFC.
Indeed it is inhumane, as is most ways of dispatching an animal for consumption.

The Jewish way is 'nominally' a better way, but in practice is often no better.

And if you've worked in an abattoir in the UK (as I have done in my student days), then you'd realise that our 'secular' way of killing animals is also 'inhumane' at times...

So what you have to come to terms with is that if you wish to eat meat, and singling out one particular method (based on prejudice?) is pointless.

Unless of course you have a different agenda!

PS. I eat meat. One of my favourites is Horse, but then that opens up another can of worms :whistle:

Sponsored Links
Back