Riello RDB 2.2 intermittent problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About two weeks ago, it cutout mid burn and locked out. Reset got it going again and it would then run for 1/2 days before repeating. Gradually the frequency of cutting out increased until I could no longer reset it and get it going. Reset...simply buzzed then locked out. Saw that the capacitor was leaking and replaced it. Hit reset and it fired up. Bingo. Or so I thought.

About a day later, the old problem started up again.

My CH guy came round and serviced it, he does a good job, boiler fired up and worked great. 12 hours later, started playing up again. So clearly an intermittent fault and I'm thinking control box. Reasoning being that stopping mid-burn might be due to one of several things, ...pump..photocell etc...but NOT starting up again ...not even any pre-purge after a reset suggests something else.

Sponsored Links
Yes, strange since a failed capacitor is normally the cause if motor doesn't start, is it buzzing??. Presume you have replaced it with the exact same capacitor?. Can you (with power off) turn the motor easily with a screwdriver on the fan vanes?.

could be so many things.

fuel starvation (filters)
fuel pump failing (pressure)
photocell failing when hot

what age is the burner?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back